Here are some ideas for encouraging kids to read great books set in countries around the world.
1. Host a series of Read Around the World storytimes. Choose books from each booklist or use these suggestions: Read Around the World Storytime — a .doc document
2. Print copies of the Read Around the World booklists and make them available to patrons: Read Around the World Booklists — a .doc document
3. Offer kids the option of signing up for a Read Around the World challenge. For example, invite kids to sign up to read one book from each continent, give each participant a pretend passport and stamp the kids’ passports each time they “visit” a new country. Pretend Passport Template
4. Offer books from the Read Around the World booklists as prizes for kids who meet reading goals.
5. Add a link to the Delightful Children’s Books – Read Around the World page (https://delightful-childrens-books.com/read-around-the-world/) to your website.