Happy International Book Giving Day to you! It is so exciting to have people celebrating International Book Giving Day from Australia, Canada, South Africa France, India, Ireland, Japan, the Philippines, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States (thus far)!
Things you can do today to celebrate!
- Give a book to a child as a Valentine’s Day present.
- Borrow a book from the library, and share it with a child.
- Rifle through your bookshelves for children’s books that could use a better home, and donate them to a good cause within the next week. Consider donating your books to your local library, second hand store, children’s hospital, shelter, after-school program etc.
- Identify a waiting room with few to no good children’s books, and commit to leaving a book in that waiting room within the next week.
- Donate money or time to a charity working to distribute books to kids.
Today is the last day to commit to giving a book to a child. If you haven’t already, decide how you will celebrate International Book Giving Day, and add your name to our list of people giving books to kids for International Book Giving Day. See We’re Giving Books at the International Book Giving Day website.
If you have the chance, take a picture of your act of giving. Send your pictures to me via email (amy dot broadmoore at gmail dot com), Facebook, or Twitter, or add them directly to the International Book Giving Day flickr group.
Lastly, enjoy the photos and stories that people are sending in about their acts of giving. See Photos & Stories at the International Book Giving Day website.
How will you celebrate International Book Giving Day?
For more information, see…